LaShonda Childs: Quick Facts About Ohio Teen Shot to Death & Set on Fire by Her Abusive 28 Year Old

A 17-year-old girl from Dayton, Ohio lost her life as the result of an ongoing domestic violence situation with her 28-year-old ex-boyfriend, who shot and killed her.

According to WHIO-TV, a CBS affiliate in Dayton, LaShonda Childs was rushed to Grandview Medical Center after being shot in the head late Tuesday night (Oct. 2). She was pronounced dead early Wednesday morning. Her ex-boyfriend, 28-year-old Trendell Goodwin, was arrested Tuesday and charged with her murder Wednesday.

Here’s what you need to know:

Trendell Goodwin lied to LaShonda Childs about his age when they started dating in September 2017. Trendell was abusive towards LaShonda and would often harass her. He also bit her so hard one time that she started bleeding.

LaShonda’s mother, Nina Childs, told reporters that her daughter and Trendell Goodwin started dating last September after he lied about his age.

Trendell had told LaShonda he was 20 years old, and when LaShonda found out he was lying about how old he was, he started showing signs of abusive behavior.

Earlier this year, around January/February, Nina said Trendell bit LaShonda so hard that she started bleeding.

LaShonda’s mother also said Goodwin would often steal LaShonda’s phones and harass her and her family. “He was the type of guy who would call you 70 times a day,” Nina said. “Nonstop. It was aggravating as well as annoying and scary.”

LaShonda’s brother said Goodwin continued to reach out to LaShonda, even after they broke up. “She was really in the process of leaving,” said Jaylon Childs.

LaShonda and her family went to the police for help on multiple occasions, and filed a restraining order against Goodwin after he pulled her wig off, set it on fire and threw it at her.

Nina Childs said that LaShonda eventually confided in her about how abusive Goodwin was towards her.

“LaShonda told me, ‘You know mom he made me walk from our house to his house with a gun pointed at my back. I was scared for my life as well as my family’s life,'” Nina said.

According to court records obtained by WHIO-TV, LaShonda and her family sought help from the police on multiple occasions.

“Goodwin was on probation for a misdemeanor assault case against Childs and was ordered not to see her when he allegedly pulled her hair and wig, set it on fire and threw it at her causing burns last month,” WHIO-TV reported.

Detective Justin Ellis wrote a statement about the September 13th incident in an effort to establish probable cause for an arrest warrant.

“Mr. Goodwin caught Ms. Childs on her front porch and tried to pull her by the hair,” Det. Justin Ellis wrote. “Her hair had been a wig and was pulled off. After noticing it was a wig Mr. Goodwin lit the wig on fire and threw it onto Ms. Childs causing burns to her left bicep. The burning sensation caused her to drop her phone. Mr. Goodwin picked the phone up and fled the scene. Mr. Goodwin has been sending threatening comments to Ms. Childs and Ms. Childs’ friends and relatives since this incident.”

A termination entry in that case filed a week later on September 20th said “Upon application of the Prosecuting Attorney and for good cause was shown,” the case was dismissed without prejudice.

WHIO-TV reported: “On Sept. 10, 2018, Dayton Municipal Court Judge Daniel Gehres ordered an additional year of probation for Goodwin and continued an April decision for a criminal protection order that Goodwin was to stay 500 feet away from Childs. The order also prohibited Goodwin from contacting Childs by telephone.”

A criminal complaint and affidavit filed in Dayton Municipal Court revealed that Goodwin also reportedly kidnapped LaShonda on January 31st, 2018.

“Trendell Goodwin slapped his girlfriend, LaShonda Childs in the face after she told him she was leaving to hang out with a friend,”” Dayton police officer Sara VonHolle wrote. “The argument escalated until Goodwin threatened to knock out Childs. Goodwin then kicked Childs out of the residence with little clothing.”

Officer VonHolle’s statement continued: “After Childs attempted to make contact with neighbors she returned to the residence in an attempt to retrieve clothing and shoes. Goodwin then dragged Childs into the residence and would not allow her to leave. When DPD arrived on scene Childs could be heard from inside the residence yelling that he would not let her out. To affect the arrest, DPD forced entry into the home where Goodwin was taken into custody.”

Court records show that the case was presented to a grand jury for possible felony charges, however, a termination entry was filed on February 9th, 2018 that showed no counts moved forward. “Case ignored by the grand jury,” the entry read.

Less than two weeks before her shooting death, LaShonda posted a long message on Facebook saying “domestic violence is real not just in movies.”

On September 21st, LaShonda Childs wrote a long message on Facebook about the dangers of ignoring signs of domestic violence. “Everybody want a crazy n***a until he got you hiding & dodging bullets,” she said. “If you see the signs don’t ignore it y’all. Domestic violence is real not just in movies.”

You can read her post in its entirety here:

All jokes aside tho, everybody want a crazy n***a until he got you hiding & dodging bullets. If you see the signs don’t ignore it y’all. Domestic violence is real not just in movies. This n***a done broke several phones, busted windows out, followed me from my house to wherever, bit me several times, threw me into walls, made me walk places with a gun to my back, put all my stuff in a sewer, held me hostage in a house & didn’t let me leave, sat & waited at abandoned houses & watched me, pulled my whole sew in off leaving bald spots all that, now he done set my hair on fire & shot my house up that ain’t even half the shit he did but I’m telling y’all that ain’t where it’s at If y’all see the signs don’t ignore it i should’ve left that n***a a long time ago now I ain’t even safe in my own house..

Trenny Mack, Goodwin’s Facebook alias, responded the post and comments by other people. His comments have since been removed, but WHIO-TV copied them beforehand.

“If y’all really believe this s*** y’all sick,” read one comment by Goodwin. “This the 12th or 13th time she said I did something but still coming back. Stop it.”

When someone commented that Goodwin should let Childs “breathe,” he responded: “I’m a let her breathe today. She better come home tomorrow tho, I gotta big day planned and some good news.”

On the morning of September 21st, Childs also posted that Goodwin had stolen her phone and set her on fire.

“Y’all Trenny Mack Stole my phone & set me on fire So if y’all been getting random inboxes or seeing dumb posts report it & if y’all see that n***a call the Police,” she wrote. “I’m sick of this sh** he on some ‘if I can’t have her nobody can’ weird a** sh**”

Not even two weeks later, on Tuesday, October 2nd, LaShonda Childs was shot and killed by Trendell Goodwin.

Goodwin was arrested the night of the shooting after Childs was rushed to the hospital. Childs died Wednesday morning (Oct. 3), and Goodwin was charged with her murder.

The Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office approved charges of murder (two counts), felonious assault (three counts) and improper discharge of a firearm (two counts) against Goodwin, WHIO-TV reported.

LaShonda Childs: Quick Facts About Ohio Teen Shot to Death & Set on Fire by Her Abusive 28-Year-Old Ex-Boyfriend is a post from: Gossip On This - Pop Culture, News, Videos & Humor